We Did It Wednesday.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of spending time on a retreat with the women in my church.  It was perfect timing and just what I needed after a week and a half of being sick with a sick boy.  Insightful teachings, camp food, singing, hiking, quilting, snacking, jewelry making, relaxing… no dishes to wash, no bottoms/faces/hands to wipe, no laundry to do, no toys to pick up.  Finally the chance to get to know better some of the women that I see in passing every Sunday, and new friendships blossomed like the buds on the dogwood trees.  It was perfect.

I made this necklace during the afternoon on Saturday, right in between quilting and snacking.  I thought it was the perfect opportunity to snag myself a necklace with my Word of the Year on it.  I knew I wanted a hand stamped necklace with my word on it, but would never have guessed that I would make it myself.  Lisa Leonard I am not, but it means even more to me knowing that I made it with my own two hands.  Here are some more photos from my weekend, taken with my iphone.

I’m linking up with Abby and We Did It Wednesday.  Won’t you come by… or better yet, link up if you’ve made something this past week!

Comments

1. Craig says:

Amen,time to rest – especially with other children of God is important.

And rest, from labor, with Him – crucial.

Your necklace is beautiful – and made by you – it’s personal. I am glad you tweeted this today – to remind me to read you :)

God Bless and Keep you and all of yours.

2. 2busy says:

Sometimes it is hard to get away to take care of yourself, but it is so worth it in the end…

Love the necklace! So inspiring.

3. very beautiful! and so very important.

abranconier.blogspot.com

4. Greta says:

Love rest. There are days I wouldn’t mind jury duty so no one would touch me for a few hours. By the way I cry a little every time I leave my kids for more than a day and yet I’m thankful I did get away every single time.

5. Amy says:

Great word.
    Here from cocktail hour

6. Visiting from the SITS Cocktail Hour. I know you weren’t officially called yet but I wanted to say “hi”.

7. Our Family says:

Awesome job, Jenny! It is beautiful!! It looks and sounds like you had a great time!

8. Kristi says:

sounds wonderful.

9. Jenny says:

Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone! It was a wonderful weekend indeed! I have worn my necklace several times this week too.

10. Visiting from the SITS Cocktail Hour. I know you weren’t officially called yet but I wanted to say “hi”.

11. very beautiful! and so very important.

abranconier.blogspot.com