Hello everyone! Welcome to this week’s Creative Me link up! I hope you all had a great weekend. We spent the weekend at a lake house with close friends. It was the perfect weekend for canoeing, swimming, paddling in the paddle boat, and jumping off of the dock. A good time was had by all. It was the last hoorah for our summer… the kids start back to school this week. You read that right… this week!!! I’m a little bit emotional this year. Abby is starting her last year of elementary school and Luke in entering kindergarten. Where does the time go? If you have kids, when do they start school?
A little bit of business to take care of…
If you were subscribed to The Southern Institute through Google Friend Connect when I was on Blogger, it seems that I have lost you. I believe I have fixed the feed but something happened and my friends on Google Friend Connect did not make it through the switch it seems. If you were subscribed through Google Friend Connect would you visit the side bar and subscribe again in a reader? This way you won’t miss a post, and with the new contributors and a great guest line up (along with posts from yours truly), trust me when I say that you don’t want to miss a post! Thanks everyone!
On to the link up! This week’s featured blog is Sutton’s Daze, who linked up this awesome game table. She found it at a sale and transformed it into a great game table, perfect for her husband’s favorite game, Othello. I have a feeling more than a few of you will be inspired by this one…
Okay, now it’s your turn! Just a few guidelines for linking up. Please:
- Follow The Southern Institute and display the Creative Me button somewhere in your post or on your blog. This puts you in the running for the featured spot. The button html is at the top of the post. Just copy and paste!
- Don’t have anything new? Show us something from your archives…old to you is new to us!
- You can link up as many things as you’d like, the more the better your chances of being the featured link next week!
- Visit at least two other blogs and leave some comment love. We are a community that supports one another, right? Right?
- You can link up your shops as long as you sell handmade goods. (I also have advertising available here on the blog if you’re interested, and I just cut my rates.)
Please don’t forget to link to The Southern Institute when you post your projects on your blog… it is a requirement of being chosen as the featured blog. I cannot tell you how many blogs I have to pass over for the featured spot because they do not link back to my blog. I hate to pass you over, but it’s only fair to those who follow the directions.
Don’t forget to grab and proudly display the “featured” button if you’re project has been featured at The Southern Institute.