Today is kind of an exciting day around here…
It’s My Birthday!
Just for fun…
The first person to correctly guess how old I am ,
(I’m the one on the left),
will win something fun from Styled by Tori Spelling.
Leave a comment at the end of the post with your best guess at my age.
This week’s Creative Me is sponsored by Avodah Coffee. Avodah is a new coffee roasting company owned by the lovely Jessica (co-founder of Allume Social and avid coffee lover) and her husband Jordan. Tom and I have tried three different varieties, one of them decaf, and agree that it is top quality coffee and very good.
“The word Avodah is Hebrew, and describes action that is simultaneously work, worship and service. It means that the work we do is more than a job – that bringing the awesome to our customers is about serving you, the farmers who grow the coffee, and those who benefit from the organizations we support. All this combines under a lifestyle of Avodah, through which all we do becomes an offering. When you see Avodah, you know you’re getting great coffee with a great purpose.” (From their website)
This is a great company that I encourage you coffee-lovers to support. A portion of all of the sales goes to wonderful ministries, some of which our family already supports: Samaritan’s Purse, Compassion International, KIVA, Freeset, and NURU. You can feel great knowing that your money is going to help those in need.
Jessica and Jordan are giving one Southern Institute reader one pound of their choice of coffees from their wonderful selection. Use the Rafflecopter widget to enter. You don’t have to link up with Creative Me to enter. I’ll pick a winner on Friday and notify the lucky winner by email.
I’m not going to choose a featured blog this week… this post is already getting pretty long as it is. We’ll resume with the featured blog next week, so link up and link often to increase your chances at the coveted spot!
Now for the link up! Here are the guidelines:
- Follow The Southern Institute and display the Creative Me button somewhere in your post or on your blog. The button html is at the top of the post. Just copy and paste!
- Don’t have anything new? Show us something from your archives…old to you is new to us!
- You can link up as many things as you’d like, the more the better your chances of being the featured link next week!
- Visit at least two other blogs and leave some comment love. We are a community that supports one another, right? Right?
- You can link up your shops as long as you sell handmade goods. (I also have advertising available here on the blog if you’re interested, and I just cut my rates.)
Don’t forget to grab and proudly display the “featured” button if you’re project has been featured at The Southern Institute.