The 1st Day of School!

Okay, okay, okay.  I know.  Every mom blogger does this, but I couldn’t resist.  It’s the obligatory 1st day of school post.  This year was special because Luke just started kindergarten!  You can see in the photos how excited he is about it.  He idolizes his big sis and couldn’t wait to be a part of her world at school.

I just cannot believe that there are where they are!  The last year of elementary school for Abby, and the 1st for Luke.  Emotional for this mom, I bet you can relate.

Have your children started school yet?  How did it go?

Comments

1. shoprubyjean says:

Oh Hello My SWEET friend!! First let me say Thank you for your thoughts and prayers towards me during a most difficult time. I actually was just finally able to post about it today. It feels so good to be part of the human race again.. :) Wow I can’t believe school is already starting. We homeschool and don’t run on the traditional school year but I do remember the days when school would role around for me, the first few days were always exciting and the Last week of school was the same… Everything in between was just a blur… :)

I pray that your school year is blessed!!!
    Angelina

• Jenny Yarbrough says:

Oh Angelina! I am so so so very happy to hear from you! I will email you sometime soon… the comments section is just not enough. XO and blessings to you and yours, friend!

2. Amy says:

So sweet Jenny!!! We’ll be starting kindergarten in Fall 2013 and I’m scared to death!

-Amy

• Jenny Yarbrough says:

It’s a bit of a transition for everyone, Amy. Mine have done so much better than I expected, I must confess! Thank the Lord! Yours will do well too, because you are a loving mama!

3. Andrea says:

Cute!! We still have a month to go before school starts. Seems like forever =)

4. First day already? You guys start early! We don’t start until the Thursday after Labor Day. I miss those days…I still have a 5th grader, but I have three daughters in college – with the youngest starting in a few weeks. It has been an emotional rollercoaster getting ready for her “first day of school” as she will be moving far away for college. Great pictures!

• Jenny Yarbrough says:

Oh Shari, I don’t envy you one bit! How far from home will she be?

5. Pam says:

Aw, this is so precious. Emotional day for sure. Thanks for stopping by my blog. So nice to get to know another Compassion blogger. We haven’t met any of our sponsored children yet either. The year I had planned to go to Haiti, they suspended travel there, so I couldn’t go. Maybe one day we’ll get to visit one of our Compassion kids.

• Jenny Yarbrough says:

Oh I hope so! So you were supposed to go? Your trip was planned? That must have been so disappointing! I think it’s great that they have a way for sponsors to go and meet their children. What an amazing thing that must be!

6. MommyPage says:

Your kids are adorable and they look so excited for school- that must be nice to see as a mom. I love your son’s locker, it’s so tiny for him.

• Jenny Yarbrough says:

It is a joy to see. Yes, those lockers are just their size! So cute! Thanks for stopping by!

Trackbacks

1. [...] happy to report that the first full week of school passed with no problems whatsoever!  I am so proud of my sweet children.  They love school and [...]