I had the total pleasure of reviewing two awesome things over the last couple of weeks, Craftsy’s online Romper Revamp class and Figgy’s Patterns Zephyr Pattern.
The Zephyr Pattern is a romper pattern from Shelly Figeroa of Figgy’s Patterns. The pattern also offers the option of making it as a sundress. Either way, it is adorable! Shelly has recently filmed an online class with Craftsy that walks you step by step through the process of making the romper version of the pattern. Both the pattern and the class are amazing!
I have never taken an online sewing class before, so I have nothing to compare Romper Revamp to, but as someone who learns best visually I can tell you this this class is so helpful in the making of this pattern. As they come, Figgy’s patterns are very well written and easy to follow. I feel much better if I can actually see someone carrying out the instructions though, and that is just what you get when you take this class. Plus, there are a host of other great features:
- Stop and start the video whenever you need to.
- The class is broken down into several lessons and then further into lesson topics, so it’s easy to find your place or go back to another lesson or topic.
- You can take notes right there during the video, in a little box under the embedded video. When you stop to take a note the video automatically pauses.
- 30 second repeat.
- There’s an extremely helpful online platform where you can ask Shelly questions or leave comments. She checks it often and will reply, helping in any way that she can.
- Once you buy the class you can access it any time, as many times as you want… FOREVER!!!
Figgy’s Romper Revamp is loaded with helpful sewing tips as well… brilliant ones! Have you ever used a bobby pin to turn out a spaghetti strap. Shelly shares how to do this, and I swear that my life is changed forever!
The best part about this whole thing is that Craftsy is offering my readers a 50% discount on the Romper Revamp class, making it $20!! This is an amazing deal, everyone. Here’s what’s included:
- The Zephyr Romper pattern to download, which includes the sundress option. It includes size 18 month-8/9 years! This pattern sells for $17.95 normally!
- Learn how to take proper measurements and how to adjust a pattern for a custom fit. Learn how to take this one pattern and make create four and how to lengthen the shorts romper into a full pant.
- Instructions and diagrams
- Tips and techniques
- Supplies and resource guide
- Access to the online class-FOREVER
- Download the pattern as many times as you like.
- Access Shelly and her wealth of sewing wisdom through the online platform. You can ever upload a picture to show her where you may be stuck or just to show off what a great job you did!
You wanna take the class? Click here!
Even if you are not quite ready to try this pattern (try the sundress if you’re nervous about the shorts), it’s totally worth buying now for $20!!!
So, do you want to see how my Zephyr Pattern turned out?
Abby picked out these knit fabrics (which I love!). The colors are so much fun! If you compare Figgy’s image of the romper at the top of the post you’ll see that I have reversed the top so that the split neck opening is in the back. I wish I could say that I was trying to be fancy there, but in reality I needed to cover up some unintended wrinkles at the yoke edge and those little applique hearts seemed to be perfect. So I turned it around where you could see those sweet little hearts in front. What do you think?