Last week Abby and I participated in the Lyme Disease Challenge, which just so happens to be going on through the whole month of March. It’s a campaign to increase awareness around the this terrible disease that devastates so many lives and raise funds for more research, better testing, and more effective treatments. If you haven’t taken part in the challenge and donated, I urge you to do it today!
The challenge is to take a bite out of a lime, post a picture or a video of yourself doing just that, include a fact about Lyme disease, link to www.lymediseasechallenge.org, and make a donation. So, Abby and I recorded each other taking the challenge and I made a fun collage to post to Instagram. Here’s how it turned out. Just click play to start the loop and click the image to stop play.
I really love the way it turned out, with it’s modern Brady Bunch feel. It was really easy to create right on my iPhone 5, and I had some people ask how it was done, so I thought I’d share it here.
Here’s how to create a video collage on your iPhone…
1. Record your videos on your iPhone.
2. Take screen shots of the images that you want to use in the boxes that will not be filled with video. Crop them down to square sized images in an app called Afterlight. (I love this app… use it on a daily basis to filter, crop, and frame all of my images.) Save them to your camera roll.
3. Go into the PicFrame app and choose the foursquare collage, click on each square separately and place your images and videos from your camera roll.
Save the entire collage to your camera roll when you are done.
4. The last thing to do is to add music to your collage. Go into the PicPlayPost app and chose the single square layout since you now have one single collage image.
5. Choose music, then add music. You now have the option of buying music or using your own music that you have already downloaded to your phone. You can choose whether to loop it for the entire video or not.
6. Touch your image and touch the preview button at the bottom right of the screen to preview your video. If you love it, then touch the share button to save it to your camera roll or share it!
That’s all there is to it! Have fun with it and let me know how it goes in the comments!